The sgRNA will target whichever strand it is complementary to and will bring Cas9 to induce a double-stranded break. To the best of our knowledge, the effectiveness of the sgRNA is not determined by which strand it is complementary to.
Articles in this section
- Why are no transcripts or coding sequences found for my genome of interest?
- How does the CRISPR Design Tool rank the guides?
- Why were no recommended guides found?
- How do I read the information about off targets in the CRISPR Design Tool?
- Does "Guide Type" selection affect the CRISPR Design Tool results?
- Does it matter which strand the sgRNA targets?