The Synthego CRISPR Design tool reports guide RNA sequences that are predicted to be the most effective for knocking out the target gene’s function. The CRISPR Design Tool uses very stringent criteria for selecting and recommending these guides. If the CRISPR Design Tool reports “We found no recommended guides”, then all the potential guides that were evaluated were unable to meet any one or more of the stringent criteria set by Synthego. You can still view all the guides that were found to target the gene, however, these may not necessarily yield high editing efficiency or low off-target effects.
Articles in this section
- Why are no transcripts or coding sequences found for my genome of interest?
- How does the CRISPR Design Tool rank the guides?
- Why were no recommended guides found?
- How do I read the information about off targets in the CRISPR Design Tool?
- Does "Guide Type" selection affect the CRISPR Design Tool results?
- Does it matter which strand the sgRNA targets?